January 01, 2009

Poems from 8th grade (I had a thing for rhyming)

Michelle will probably not read this anymore, seeing how we e-mail now. But I am a blogger at heart (I found my first diary from when I was 6. I've been writing since then.) And I've been going through all the notes from high school and just found my 8th grade steno-journal. I found a suicide poem that I wrote. I also found my Diary from right before freshman year started, where I blatantly stated that I would never fit in. I didn't.

Anyway. Here's the poem:

Puddles of Mud
Pattering rain,
feelings of pain,
a terrible thought,
what if I'm caught?
Under a tree,
Head to my knee.
Tie up my Shoe,
I must follow through
~unfin

There's also a part about my favorite halloween memory being the year that my mom's friends scared the shit out of Tia, because I found it funny. And talk about how I need more time away from my family.

A poem I wrote in 8th grade, about high school

High School
Jock, geek, prep and Punk,
jeans, shoes, shirts and junk,
Acceptance into groups we hunt,
To hang with them is what we want.
It's real fun to joke and play,
Until true friends are pushed away.
We know it's wrong, but do we care?
How bad we made them feel in there...

Partied, people, beer and drugs.
All our new mans friends are thugs.
Then they turn on us too fast,
All their friendships in the past
We sit, lay, hurt and cry,
We watch TV and wish to die.
We think of good times long ago,
spent with friends we truly know.

We go to school and watch the 'bunch'
They still save spots for us at lunch.
We sit, eat, talk and learn,
Our true friends backs will never turn.

pretty accurate for a sheltered 8th grader, right?

Last poem in the steno/last entry

UNTITLED
Falling rain, burning pain,
the reason I am so insane,
buried deep within my brain.
Withing my brain it's buried deep,
The reason I can never sleep.
Fall into a painful heap.



And people think I didn't turn alternative until I started school and met Michelle. :d that's just when I started to dress the part.


Bottom line. I used stenos before stenos were cool ;)

No comments: