January 26, 2009

sewing, drawing and I'm getting fuckin old,

I feel like creating.

More specifically, I feel like sewing. I was looking at felt and fleece on the internet to use to make my own laptop case like The Girl in the Big Box's because it's positively adorable and I've been needing a case for my laptop. I'm not really interested in non-rainbow filled ideas. Original, I know. So I'm looking at felt EVERYWHERE on the internet to find some cheap fleece and felt. You'd think it'd be simple to find cheap felt right? WRONG. a yard of felt is as expensive and a freakin yard of canvas.

After adding all the costs up it ended up being $57. Her custom laptop cases are only $40 for Christ's sake. But I want to make it. gaaaaaaash. I'm not gonna pay for someone else to make one for me, not for $40... Maybe I'll go to Wal-mart to find some cheaper stuff. I mean, Felt is $5 a yard? it's supposed to be the CHEAP crafting fabric.

Anyway. I'm working on drawing again. I go through those phases where I try to get better, but I lack the discipline to sit and sketch and sketch and sketch again and THEN draw the final picture. I figure if I study and practice and refine individual skills during each of these drawing phases.... well, by the time I'm 25 I should be okay.

Holy FUCK, I'm almost 20. I'm having to say "when I'm 25" instead of "when I'm 20" because I'm so god damn old. D:> I'm fuckin OLD.

<3
S

No comments: