January 27, 2009

The Lover's Name Tattoo.

Brandon told me he would get my name tattooed to his chest in big legible letters for everyone to see... if I did it with him while he was at work (being on work release, that would be the only time/place we could. but we haven't been. because I know a lot of people who work there and it'd be AWKWARD if someone caught us. ) and I don't know about store policies but he could possibly lose his job...

So I was thinking... I -really- like the idea of him having my name tattooed to him, but it's in an insecure I-want-everyone-to-see-that-he's-mine-mine-mine-you-skanky-whore kind of way. Basically I want him to display that he's MINE in a way that he can't take off. I have a chain necklace with a lock with our carved initials in it. He has a ring, but doesn't wear it often because it gets in the way... Buuuuut, I really don't want to have sex at his work place. Or at all until he gets out of jail.

It seems, though, that as soon as you tattoo someones name to your body you're relationship goes downhill. Fact is, a tattoo is considered more permanent than even marriage. Marry a girl and break up, no harm (well, you know what I mean) but if you tattoo someones name to you you're stuck with it unless you spend 4 times the cost of the tat to get it removed.

I would think that the reason it causes a relationship to fall apart is because before you get it you kinda feel like it's to show how much you love the person and how dedicated you are the them. However, once it's there the relationship doesn't change at all, it doesn't become happy blissful fun. Then maybe the person who got the tattoo feels like the person is ungrateful, because they made that loved one an eternal part of their body and somewhat feel entitiled to be treated better. When they argue it ends up being like:
"I did the dishes last time, why can't you do it"
"I got your fucking name tattooed across my chest because I love you and you can't even do the god damn dishes?"

So, I think I'll pass on that.

He IS getting his wedding ring tattooed on though. And it WILL contain at LEAST my initials. If we make it that far, there's no way in hell I'm gonna let him walk around with a ring that he'll need to take off to keep it from getting snagged. I have an easy time remembering to put my ring on when I take it off for work, his memory isn't so good though. He suggested it even.

What am I getting at? I don't know.

<3
S

No comments: