January 22, 2009

cardboard world



boxes. They're everywhere. climbing up the walls. Dividing the room. Scattered across the floor, laying half empty waiting to be filled and taped and stacked up with the rest. There's even an empty box on my bed.

I kinda feel out of place now. I'm sitting in a room of cardboard. My room is slowly loosing the little touches that make it my own. My posters are missing, my photos are down, even my stuffed animal pile is slowly ebbing away.

I feel out of it now. My book shelf is even empty, aside from a coloring book and a few tiny resin tomb stones I got at dollar tree. At least I think it's resin. Come to think of it I don't even know what resin is.

I know, my room is huge. Of everything, all the memories I've made here, and of all the rooms I've been in with all the various belongings, the one thing I'm going to miss the most is this room and the amazing book shelves my dad built into the walls. I never finished getting his books off of it, so I was only able to claim the upper shelf, but god did I love those shelves. This room was my freaking bat cave.





I have more boxing and taping and stacking to do.

<3
S