January 30, 2009

my sister

this is my 100th post on this blog.

My 13 year old sister brought her new boyfriend over today for supper. He's just like all her other boyfriends in 2 ways, he's chubby and he's got a less-than-perfect face. My sister is no uggo, to say so would be like calling myself ugly because we look a lot alike, and she's much more social than I was, so I wouldn't doubt that she could get an attractive boyfriend. Even I could, and I'm a social retard.

For a long time I used to think she chose these boys because they were greatful to be with someone who was pretty and had a nice personality. The guy would think he was lucky and he'd basically worship the ground she walked on. She dated one boy who had the worst most manipulative personality. I suppose I thought that all of her boyfriends were similar. Teased to the point of become an ass because they were chunky and unatractive.

Now though, I'm starting to think that she is kinda like me in one aspect. She sees people for who they really are, not just their appearance. And it's not even an "I like your personality even though you're ugly" thing, she genuinely is attracted to them. That's how I was with my first boyfriend. He's not what you'd normally call good looking, but I thought he was adorable, and I like that he was a poet. (thought is a key word there. I'd hate to give the wrong message, because I've been in no way attracted to him since a few weeks after we broke up... Now I sound like a bitch, but that's fine. I like to clarify things like that....)

Basically, I have a little more repect for my sisters choice in boys.

<3
S

No comments: