January 14, 2010

Because I feel useless right now

Just wrote it. Kinda has the flow of "another year," because I had it stuck in my head and couldn't get it out to write. Half rhyming, mostly not.

Probably a pile of shit, but Michelle is the only person reading so it'd okay.



My eyes a truer shade of green,
I never blink, it's pretty clear,
As I catch myself again,
"I think I'll wait another year."

Frustration grows from day to day,
My shadow moves and I don't breathe,
The closest thing to death I'll get,
As I bend but never bleed.

Laying down to get some rest,
The static blurs but I don't hear,
"It could be worse, I could be her"
falsely live and never feel.

It's getting colder as I go,
My heart can not take in your warmth,
The layers grow rough and shut me in,
My head seems fine but there's no pulse.

My hopes and dreams will shatter,
Falling apart I just can't bear,
There's nothing left inside this shell,
You're always like this when she's near.





what matters is that writing it made me feel better. Went pretty low this time. Fuck you, PMS-related depression. I hate these lows.

XoXo
S

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I was scrolling upward, and the first thing that i noticed about this entry was that it was in song format. Second, i saw the word "falling," which reminded me of the song we wrote sophomore year for the band that we named after walking trees.

either way, i really want to sing this song. it's beautiful to that tune. the lyrics fit.
I especially like the first line and the third stanza. very melencholy. i'm in love with it.