August 01, 2009

Breaking Points: I have them.

So I we all kinda have points at which we say "no more."

I have a lot of them. For instance, I can only get so hungry before I finally say "fuck it" and eat, even if I'm waiting for someone, or trying to wait for healthier foods that are on their way.

I can only deal with my slowly growing head pains before I finally take some Excedrin and let it do it's magic.

I can only walk and stand for so long before I sit my ass down and refuse to move, no matter what we're doing or where we are.

After hitting this point, I become very unpleasant. Generally hostile, and even if I try to act happier, I'll still snap at people and my unhappiness will eventually show.

Last night, there were 6 bands playing, 4 openers and 2 headliners. I was tired already, I had a long day at work, I was on my feet the whole time and I had a lot of trouble getting to sleep the night before. I was already damn close to my breaking point in more ways than one. Add onto that the fact that I had to sit through 4 bands that I've never heard of, and I was an unpleasant person.

By midnight, when Future Leaders of the World started, I said "fuck it" and Brandon walked me out to the car so I could try to sleep. At 1, Flaw started, and the show didn't end until 2 in the morning. I spent 2 hours trying to sleep in the car. It's uncomfortable, and cold, and I have trouble sleeping in public places, especially on a side of Fort Wayne that I'm not familiar with.

So as soon as everyone started to leave, I was a bit anxious to go home and lay in a nice warm bed and get my good nights sleep that I'd been waiting for. And I sat and waited and sat and waited for 30 minutes before Brandon got out to the car so we could leave. He bought a shirt and was looking on the ground for a guitar pick. I get that he loves the band, and that it's his thing, but why the fuck would he think that it was okay to spend 30 minutes searching the floor for shit? It was a SMALL club, and the floor area in front of the stage was tiny.

I was anxious as fuck to get out. So we drove home in silence, because he made me wait that long, and couldn't understand why I was unhappy. I get that guitar picks and other crap is important to him, but when we go places together, it's about BOTH of us being happy. I was okay with sitting in the car for 2 hours so that he could see Flaw play, even though I would normally just go home. So what he could have given up for me was loitering and trying to find shit on the ground so that I could get to bed.

We spent the remainder of the night in silence, because I knew if I started talking I'd say something to make him mad. When we got to his house, I went to bed without a word beyond good night.

Once I had my sleep, even with the headache from being out too late, I scooted over and gave him a hug while he slept.

Now, to brighten this whole thing up, here's a picture of me at Khol's with a Giant Clothes Pin and Paper Clip :D

No comments: