August 03, 2009

Well, your head isn't too far up your ass or anything.

"Im not sure why you guys have anything against British food... You've obviously never had anything worth eating. And to be fair I could say the same about food in the US, I didn't enjoy it."

Comment on Amanda Palmer's twitter feed regarding her espresso in Europe not being very good.

Seriously though, how dense do you have to be to not realize cultural differences in food taste? I mean, as far as tea and coffee goes, neither Europeans nor Americans will be satisfied with the others coffee or tea. My friend Brandon loves Americas sweet tea. I know a lot of people who fucking love coffee here. We'd hate Europe's.

I know I hate coffee either way. No matter how much flavor and sugar you add to it, it kicks you in the face with it's strong as fuck and rank taste of coffee beans.

That's besides the point though. Because, you know, just because I'm from America must mean that I'm so used to eating shitty foods that I don't have functioning taste buds. It couldn't possibly just be that Americans grew up with different foods, and that we all think your European foods taste weird and gross.

Seriously, get over yourselves (this isn't a new thing. I see things about how "My country is much better than America. You American's can't do anything right"

Silly foreign countries, we don't give a shit that you don't like us, just don't patronize someone just because they don't like your coffee when they need their fix. It's not like we're insulting your whole existence.

Sorry, it just really got to me when I read that. WTF, I don't even think Amanda was being too serious. Uncalled for shot at the states is uncalled for.

Nevermind really, I have to get ready to go to work :\

No comments: