August 16, 2009

The Laughing Corpse

I thought I was SOOOOOO lucky today.

I was about to finish Guilty Pleasures this morning and mom was going to Fort Wayne, so I'd be up around Barnes and Noble as well as Borders. I tagged along (she bought me and my brother towels. Our bathroom will now be done in red and purple whether he likes it or not) and we stopped at Borders. I got the first one online, but since it was the same genera as Bitten [Kelley Armstrong. Very good series at least up to the 4th book, where I'm currently at] so I knew where to find Laurell K. Hamilton's books would probably be.

And they were. A lot of her books. Just not the ONE BOOK I needed. I bought nothing, figuring I'd check Barnes and Noble later. A trip to Kohl's later I was dropped off there and went to where I was sure her books would be (I don't generally BUY from there, just look, so I wasn't sure) and There they were. Nearly every single book by her, taking up almost 3 full shelves. Every book except (you guessed it) the one I wanted.

I didn't want to leave empty handed. So I grabbed the next two books in the series. No, I wouldn't read them out of order, but having them would help keep me interested. Out of curiosity I went to check the comics. I always check the comics, to see if they still have Death, and the Buffy comic. Low and Behold, I see a large hardcover book with a girl who looks a bit like Didi on it (from Death) but it wasn't Didi. It was fucking Anita Blake. It was A comic version of The Laughing Corpse. Yes, the book I needed that they didn't have... In comic form.

Oh, Hell yes.

But no. Hell no. I just finished it... Despite being all five of the existing comics, it's only half the fucking book. I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS... NOW.

Those insensitive bastards. I figured "full 5 comics" meant the whole fucking book. But noooo. It's just all that's published in comic form so far.

Bastards

XoXo

No comments: