February 04, 2009

Tax Returns

Tax return time. I haven't filed mine yet (more like, I haven't had my mom file them yet) so I'm not quite sure what my return will be. I plan on "stimulating the economy" buy spending it all. I'm quite torn between two things.

1) the Canon Rebel Xti
2)X-Polethe X-pole, for vertical dance (ie, pole dancing. I've blogged on this before)


Pros and Cons time...

Pros of Camera: It's pretty well top of the line in it's price range. Pop up flash. Continuous shooting mode (up to 14 pictures) and removable lens, giving me the Macro option if I decided to fork up $100 more. I like art, I love photography and with the superior maneuverability it will help me to up my abilities. Plus, I could sell my Polaroid for at least $50 if I ever had too, because I'd still have a camera.

Pros for X-Pole: It's cheaper than the camera by a few hundred dollars, being $299. It's something new that I've been interested in for a while. I'm already a dancer, but dancing at home alone is no fun, so this would be something challenging and new that incorporated things I already know. It's good exercise and I can take it down and set it up anywhere with a ceiling (for the price of the camera I could get the free standing stage which will set up anywhere indoors, outdoors... ANYWHERE.)

Cons of Camera: PRICE. It's nearly $500. My tax return will definitely not be that much, which means tapping into my savings a bit. I already have digital that works even if it's "old technology"

Cons for X-pole: I may not get as into vertical dance as I hope, which may lead to it being unused.




well fuck me, I'm getting an X-pole. One con? How I even mad that into a dilemma is beyond me. For $300, it's worth is. It'll be fun.

thanks for wasting that time reading this. Even though I don't think I have a single reader now that Michelle doesn't blog anymore.

<3
S

No comments: