February 16, 2009

stuff that ended up being really random

Brandon got me and easter bunny. To spice up a boring journal, I will include pictures of me eating it. Seriously though. He bought me a cute little Easter bunny full of yummy chocolately goodness. I hate how fat I feel because of all my holiday eating. but Damn I love candy.

Today was really... weird. We were busy as all hell. It's unusual for a Monday, and it wasn't just shitty orders like "I want 9 stackers" (They're not even fucking called stackers here. That's my biggest work pet peeve right now.) And it went on and on and on like that the whole time. The WHOLE time.

Our pop machine broke today. Something having to do with the carbonation pump and CO2. Who fucking knows. But that meant that the only drinks we had to server were non carbonated ones. Meaning fruit punch, lemonaide and iced tea. Needless to say, some people weren't happy. But NO ONE blew up at us for it. it was crazy. Usually people get a bit hostile about shit we can't control (because they assume we can)... Brad went out and got us a bunch of two liters so that we still could sell Coke, Diet and Sprite. Cuz, our selection is more than a bit lacking. We did fine while he was gone, despite being busy. not normal. The day really seemed to just fly by too. Like, before I knew it, it was already 1.

Despite all these things going wrong but still being okay, it was a shitty work day. I'm tired of people who can't just -let go- of shit. If it happened more than 5 minutes ago, then shut up and focus on something NEW because nothing horrendous happened today so there's no reason to take your problems with life out on others.

I hate that. I really do. Believe me, whatever is wrong, it COULD BE WORSE. I'm moving in 3 weeks and I've run out of tape for my boxes and I'm still not fully packed but you don't see me talking about how badly I want to cuss out all the customers because we're making them wait 9 minutes on a chicken. I know it's not totally our faults, and I'm sure they're aware of it too. Does that change anything? No. Does that make any problem any easier? no. Plus, I didn't get to eat lunch with Brandon which upsets me. But I got to spend the last half of his break with him. What a sweetheart. He's my baby.

I got paid today. Best check I've gotten this year. Jacob agrees that I need a second job, or to make any second form of income possible. I need a converter box, $40. Some of our stations are fully switching to digital soon, even though the date was moved to June. Fuck them. February 17 is TOMORROW. I need to pay my phone bill (and I downloaded the Oasis ringtone which somehow costs $3 now instead of $2) that's $50. Gas, $20 (yes, I only spend $40 a month on gas. I pay less for gas than my phone bill) That's nearly 1/2 my check.

at least I have a job I guess. More of my bunny eating adventures tomorrow when I finish my cute little Easter Bunny.

<3
S

No comments: