February 04, 2010

favorite pants, skinny jeans, and me trying not to be a fattie :)

What a day. My beautiful work pants have met their match. After 3 saftey pins to hold the crotch together, one for the clasp.... well, the zipper pulled off tract today and the little track thing is broke so even if I got it back on it'd come off every time I zip em up.

R.I.P. my favorite pair of pants. I've had them since my freshman/sophomore year.

So I went on the quest to find a new pair. I spent about an hour browsing through the 100's of black pants at Salvation Army (dress pants, sweat pants, plain-old black pants) and found a few cute pairs about in my size. I tried them on.

Cutest pair didn't fit. Sad day.

Sweat pants/work out pants didn't look professional enough for my liking. I like to have pants with a nice, shapely fit. I was hoping they'd be the more clinging styled sweats. But no, they were baggy crotched.

Last pair just plain wasn't big enough, and I cut my thumb on the staple that they used to put the tag on. It bled badly for a few minutes. This was a sign.


I drove down to Wal-Mart with high hopes. This is where I got my beautiful and now retired pair of work pants. The only dress pants I saw were in the plus sized section, and the old ladies section where the waist was elastic and went up to your natural waist. NO.

Tons of black bottoms in the teens/young adults section. Unfortunately they were ALL skinny jeans. Every single damn pair. Some were too denim-looking (work requires solid dark black pants. None of the uneven tones most denim has.) Some were just leggings. Some just weren't in my size at all.

I ended up buying a pair of solid black denim skinny jeans. Now the skinny jeans that look good on me (the kind that DON'T suction cup my muscular calves) and they don't even fit me right... Too tight around my legs, too loose around the crotch, but nicely fitted around my waist. That's what matters. The OTHER pairs I tried on were too right around my waist not matter size I tried.

Skinny jeans have a tendency to be a bit smaller around the waist. It fits closely to the contours of your body. Your hips do in fact go in around where your pants sit. Unfortunately if you aren't *ahem* SKINNY then you'll be left with the muffin top effect. Us bigger girls need pants that either remain the same size or get LARGER around the band. We don't need your artificial curves right there.


This is my semi-rant on skinny jeans. I only hate them because I know they don't look good on me because I'm not skinny.

Besides today and yesterday I've been eating better. Cut down on pop, and starting tomorrow cutting it out completely. I bought bottled water (because Decatur's water makes me fucking sick.)

Healthier self, I'm slowly on my way :)

XoXo
S

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I'm slowly starting to be okay with skinny jeans now that I wear boots all the time. I hate pants shopping, though. Patrick tried to get me to buy some dress pants because i don't have any good ones, apparently. I refused.

Good for you for not drinking pop anymore. I stopped a long time ago, and now I hate the stuff. I WILL NOT drink any dark liquid. If i HAVE to drink pop, i'll go with sprite, but it still tastes syrupy.
I prefer milk, apple juice, or just plain ol' water. Bottled water is good, but i feel guilty about not recycling the bottles. Filtered water is pretty okay.