December 07, 2008

the Sims 2

So I finally broke down and got the Sims 2. The Double Deluxe edition. I was -so- excited to get home and put it on my laptop so that I could try it out. I get home and install it and spend like, 40 minutes trying to make my character look like me. Finally did, tried to save the character and it froze. Downloaded the Patch for it and went back. If froze. Altered the compatibility to XP service pack 2. It saved characters, but then I go to save the family and IT FROZE.

Jacob switched around the games settings. It froze. Downloaded some extra thing for the game and it froze. There's no way in hell my computer doesn't have the 'specs' for it. Jacob looked at the back of the game and said my laptop blew it out of the water on ALL of them AND vista at once.

It's not Vista. Other Vista users use it. It's not Dell, other Dell users can use it.

It SHOULDN'T be my graphics card. Why? because I have a 2 month old Dell Studio. The Studio itself is only a few month old model. 1/2 a year old at most. It was MADE for optimum video/sound projection. Not to mention the fact that I don't see why the graphics card would make it freeze whenever I try to save. :\ not the sound card either, considering when the game freezes the sound keeps going.


anyway. I'm very unhappy. -VERY- unhappy. My old computer doesn't even read the disk in the drive (not that it could handle more crap on it anyway)

so yeah... :\ unimpressed by Sims. They could do MUCH better with compatibility. I mean, it's not the -fault- of Vista (or the brand of laptop) but I'm not the only person having problems.

... well... Brandon's Wallet went missing. Plenty of bad luck to go around, right?
<3
S

2 comments:

Michelle said...

what graphics card do you have? some of them are shit. SHIT!
but, anyway. you could have just bought the newest expansion and made me lend you my games. :P
it is quite fun once you get it working. but i still think you should have waited for the prices to drop tremendously in like a month. :|
and, i dont care what anyone says, i still prefer xp, especially for gaming. vista still has some bugs in it.

Michelle said...

be careful. taking laptops apart is tricky. and very scary in my opinion. D: