March 10, 2010

Cemetery and Transgenders

Michelle, I actually cleaned my room up quite a bit just because the weather makes me feel clean-y. :)

I'm in love with Decatur Cemetery. It's beautiful. I need to take pictures there sometime. They have mausoleums for FSM's sake. :) fairly pretty ones at that. If I'm feeling courageous I may ride across and down the road a bit and ride through the Catholic cemetery too some day. I ate HORRIBLY. But I can do better tomorrow. I think it was a 15 minutes bike ride today. Tomorrow I'll try for 20. When I'm up to 45 minutes I'll start riding across town, and eventually ride through the river green way as well.

The other day a bill went up in Fort Wayne to enforce equal treatment of transgenders, making it illegal to deny a transgenders person a job or home. So basically they want to make it a law that you have to treat them equally, which they already should have to. But they don't. It's sad that we need to put up a bill like this, but we do.

And, do you know what happens to said bill? Denial. It was a close vote (4 to 5 I think) but the fact that they won't pass a bill demanding the equal treatment that these people already should be getting bothers me. I mean, it's not like they're demanding MORE. Just what they should already be given.

Good going Fort Wayne.

And, to make it comical, Arika (the girl that at first reminded me of Freshman Michelle) commented that she was HAPPY that the bill didn't pass. And that anyone who felt like they should be the opposite gender is fucked up mentally and should be put out of their misery. It's funny because Cassie and Chris had a mini field day with it :) Nice. I'm psyched about Pride Fest now.

XoXo
S

No comments: