March 11, 2010

Bank of Boston Beauty Queen

I want to write a short story based on the Bank of Boston Beauty Queen. I've read the lyrics a few times before now and could piece a few things together but didn't get much from it besides the nostalgia she felt.

In a lot of ways, she wants to grow up, but at the same time she doesn't. She wants to fit in with the younger crowd. Even though she's a bit delusional about how she's living (like she's still young) but feels that it's justifiable because at least she's grown up enough to move out of her parents house and live on her own.

The place she's grown up has changed very drastically but she's still filled with nostalgia at those places, making her feel as if she were still young.

She likes to keep things to remember her past. Autographs, patches. "Love's not good enough, I want photographs. Something that will stand the test of time and time again" because the love may not last but you can always have the photo as proof and a reminder. She talks about proof and evidence.

Basically, it's about a lot of things. I like it. She like a beauty queen to those skateboarders behind the Bank of Boston. :)

I wanna take those and make a write something. I'm waiting til it's late before I get started. I'm more artistic the more tired I become.

XoXo
S

No comments: