July 17, 2009

Tampon Snobs


Buying tampons reminded me of this situation. The cute stuffed tampons are just... cute tampons. I saw one on someones deviantArt page, and I really want to make on :3

ANYWAY. As someone who hasn't used pads since her first period (I'd rather shove wads of toilet paper up my vagina than use pads. I understand the fear of tampons, but can't understand how anyone can actually LIKE pads) I can say that I know how girls feel regarding the 'emergencies' when you don't have any tampons, and would die if the only thing anyone had was pads...

But a few weeks ago, a girl I worked with came in and begged me for a tampon, since no one else had any. I only buy one type of tampon, the O.B. tampons. You get 40 for about the same price. The one thing is, they don't have applicators. I never found a problem with this, since they don't have the noisy wrappers and you could fit 10 in any purse without it looking filled to the brim with feminine products.

However, when I handed the tampons to said girl, she stared at it dumbly. It was my last tampon, and even though she took it, it seemed to pop back up in my purse before I left work.

I wasn't really mad, because it's just a tampon, but I really can't fathom how someone who NEEDED a tampon, and could get nothing but pads from anyone else at the time, would choose a pad over the tampon simply because it lacked an applicator. Would you really have trouble figuring out how to shove a tampon up your vag just because it didn't have a little tube to squeeze it out of?

I've never met a brand/type of tampon I wouldn't use if I desperately needed one.

I also just read that a "con" of tampons is that they can make cramp worse. I want some scientific evidence to back this one up. Maybe if you have a sensitive vagina, I guess, but I think it's all in peoples head, since you can 'forget' that your on your period with a tampon when your cramps aren't bad, but you can always feel that your wearing a pad, so even when you feel fine your period isn't in the back of your mind.

Every time I try to type "pad" I type "bad" first... coincidence? I think not.

1 comment:

Uw mijn hart♥ said...

"(I'd rather shove wads of toilet paper up my vagina than use pads)"


hahahahahahahaha