July 18, 2009

Before you say 'gay'

The CW has been playing these "When you say 'gay' do you know what you say" commercials.

They're pretty gay.

And retarded.

I'm not going to switch up my slang just because someone who is overly touchy can get offended. I'm well aware that that word they're using also can refer to homosexuals. But it's not totally uncommon for one word to have several meanings.

How many little bundles of sticks get offended when someone refers to a homosexual as them?

There are so many offensive words out there that are used so often (and I don't mean swear words) but do you see commercials saying "don't say nigger, or you're no better than them crackers are. "

Just because "gayness" seems to be a touchy subject now, whereas the racism craze is over I guess.

I really want to see Fuck: A Documentary again. It perfectly shows how versatile and useful a word can be.

I know, this blog is gay.

No comments: