July 23, 2009

the fucking iPhone 3GS!

I came, I touched, I creamed my pants with excitment.

We happened to stumble upon an AT&T the mysteriously (and I believe quite suddenly) popped up at the mall. Okay, it may have been there in it's little corner for AGES and I may have just never noticed. But I saw it today. We went in and THERE IT WAS! I got to try out an iPhone and the touch screen is everything I hoped for (such beautiful precision when I type)...

I got on the 3G network. BEAUTIFUL. Twitter, Facebook, deviantArt. It all looked just like it does on my laptop only MINIATURE! Played games. Turned it sideways. Poked at the screen.

I want it NOW. But I want the 3G S. It's a bit more expensive. It'll be about $300 for the activation and phone and apple care plan. Then $100 a month for 450 minutes of calls with rolloever, unlimited text, unlimited 3g use, and GPS function.

I generally use under 200 minutes a month. Most of those are half minutes from my really short phone calls. Within those minutes includes the ones I pay for, my free incoming, my free mobile to mobile and free nights and weekends. Under 200 minutes TOTAL. I do send and receive an average of 1200 messages though (that 2400 texts total, for us mathematically retarded) which more than qualifies me for the $20 unlimited texts.

(fun fact: I also found out that I only send about 40 more messages than I receive. I figured that number would be much much higher)


OOOOOkay, my talk is almost over. I hear the AT&T genuinley sucks as far as calls go. I mean, I don't call too much, but those (less than) 200 minutes that I use a month may be slightly worse now. Centennial Wireless isn't that great, but it certainly could be worse. And it also may be true that the iPhone will no longer be AT&T exclusive in 2010. That's only a few months after I'd be joining them. However, I still think I'll give AT&T a shot. It's only 2 years. In reality, that's not much, and as far as monthly bills go, $100 for what you get with THIS smart phone is dirt cheap. My manager pays that much a month for limited internet access and youtube (yes, he lists that as a feature) on his less-than-a-year-old Blackberry.

Anyway. I'm just fucking EXTATIC about getting to try one out, and having the screen live up to everything I hoped it would be.

Now I'm actually motivated to save my money. I WANT THIS.

No comments: