March 12, 2009

My shitty eye and my last entry before I move.

ick. I was just taking pictures (for my last night in this bitchen' space) and one of my eyes is NOTICEABLY smaller than the other... it's most noticeable when I'm not looking up...

I know it's called a lazy eye, but when I hear that term it feels... demeaning. Like an insult. I've had this for a long time... not forever, but I'd say around mid 7th/8th grade. I suppose it's not technically a lazy eye then, because they are caused between birth and age 7 (i'm a researching)

but I have little shame these days, so here's a few pics



I took this series of pictures just to study my eye. eye on left (my right) is clearly smaller. The vision in it (although still pretty damn good) is slightly less strong than the other. It takes a moment longer to focus and i actually have to -try-.

The only reason I know it wasn't always like this is because in pictures now, you can clearly see it, in old pictures I look fine. I suppose it could just now be getting bad. I still hate it. I want it fixed. The only problem I have is I don't know how an eyedoctor would actually diagnose me with it, because despite an exremelly minor problem with focus in the eye, it has pretty nice vision. When I was young and being tested for a lazy eye the doctor said it was likely that my vision was better than 20/20. WTF?

I'll continue to work on it though. Fuck my shitty eye. According to research, if I wear an eyepatch over my good eye for 6 hours a day while doing nearsited activities it'll work to fix that, even though I'm older now. I'll give that a try.

<3
S

No comments: