March 08, 2009

Driving

Early Blog. Kinda early. 2:00 pm

I'm really tired of my mom assuming I know every road out there. This is the country, land of the million roads marked only by a number. Some of these roads stretch all the way across the country area, some are barely a mile long. I have never had the need to know any but 3 ways to leave my house, seeing how I've only been driving since November and have never gone anywhere but Decatur and Ft. Wayne.

I know I've dealt with flood waters before, and if you recall it was pitch black out and I had to call you to figure out how to get home several times because I ended up are the far side of a largely flooded area around my house. I've never driven to Ossian, so no, I didn't know where that road connected to the one I was on.

Now you keeps repeating the same fucking road in the same two ways. You make NO effort to try to explain it thoroughly. No, repeating the road name and where it takes you doesn't ring any bells, because I've never taken that road to get that place. Why would I just randomly know those things?

I probably sound like a total dumbass right now. I won't help things by saying that I still get lost when I drive in town. I also have never had to drive very far off of 13th street, our main road. I am capable of navigating between my workplace and my new home on nearly any road I turn onto. That's all I've ever needed to drive.

But when you get angry with me and wonder why I yell in response, have you ever considered that I'm not just being a difficult bitch? I'm notoriously bad with directions. I don't know what road you're talking about and yelling it at me won't make me understand it any better. It's not like I couldn't hear you, I just didn't know.

tl;dr
Shouting at me won't change the fact that I suck at directions, nor will it effect the lack of respect I've gained towards you as a person.

No comments: