March 11, 2009

My Home :(

My sister missed the bus this morning and Jacob couldn't take her because he was already late for work. He told me this at 7 this morning, and I layed there hating every moment I spent knowing that I would have to get up, put shoes and a hoodie on and drive all the way to town and all the way back. Mom gave me $10 for it. I spent it getting Brandon and I KFC :D

I didn't really get any sleep after that until like, 30 minutes before I had to be up and off to work. Slow ass day. Not busy at all.

Dad had to saw open the door to the crawl space under the house. Then he's gonna have to cut a hole in our bathroom floor. At first it didn't bother me, because I thought it was just another hard wood floor under the carpet (I know, hard wood is expensive, but when it's under carpet it's not well kept and pretty worthless)... But he ripped up an end of the carpet... and it was a beautiful light green linoleum floor. It matched the wall tiles GORGEOUSLY. Now it's going to have a huge hole in it ;_; you can't just patch up linoleum like you can wood. And THAT is just one more surface that needs covered or replaced.

It bothers me a lot that Brandon's dad didn't put any work into the house. Instead of working on something, they just covered it up. wood floor starting to look bad? cover it with carpet... and don't let someone else do it nice, do it yourself... then he didn't take care of the carpet at all, it was dirty and mated together. The water stops running in the bathroom shower and sink? Build a little shower (poorly) in the washing room. It leaks, the floor is now soft. That isn't safe. He did what he could I guess, but sometimes it's better to put some money in and have a professional do it well.

My dad is doing all he can though. My brother is going to be helping too. Hopefully they get it mostly taken care of tomorrow. I want running water in my home. Dad fixed the electricity. I think... He's working as fast as he can. I'm starting to feel worried again about moving, but I know that it's because I'm emoootional.

<3
S

1 comment:

Uw mijn hart♥ said...

:) I think I fixed my shit where you can comment.

Lol