September 21, 2009

In love with Indianapolis, Tattoos, Metallica, Lamb of God

I've been so drowsy lately. Only on days that I work. Today was the worst, but it seems like no matter how much sleep I get I can't get started in the morning. I get 7 hours of sleep every night. EVERY night. I go to bed some time between midnight and 1. I wake up between 7 and 8. Besides me waking up at 3 every night (which I've done since I can remember) I get solid sleep. I don't know why I can't function just because of me getting up at 7:30 instead of 9:30. I even usually got LESS sleep when I was working at 9:30, so why can't I snap out of the tiredness. Even Brad commented on how slow I was going today (not just work-quality. My response time is longer when we're talking, I'm not processing things right anymore.) I don't have the problem on the weekends, when I stay up til 3 and get up anywhere from 7-11. I'm hyped and energized. The only factor is that I'm going to bed sooner and getting up at an earlier time. After a month you'd think I'd have gotten used to it. My internal clock is a stubborn bitch.

Well, I got my tattoo Friday. LOVED Indy, as I always do. I miss the city already. I love the city.

Anyway, here are a few of my pictures from Indy (including Metallica, Lamb of God, my hotel room, and various places in Indy)















So it took the better part of an hour to upload all of those. I hate mass photo uploads. Especially after doing an even bigger mass photo upload for my Facebook. Anyway. The hotel was fucking beautiful, top to bottom. So much care for detail. We even got one of the few end rooms, which has a long wall that goes to a corner at the window. If you know anything about me and rooms, you know I love unique room shapes. Like how I love this room because the ceiling goes at slight angles instead of being flat, and the bedroom in the basement has 8 walls instead of 4, giving it more shape. The colors for the hotel were even beautiful and looked older, like the kinda fit the date that the building was made (in some places, in others it was very modern.) The continental breakfast was phenominal too. And there was a chef standing and asking everyone if there's anything else they want, and if they're enjoying the meal. He offered to make a guy some eggs because there weren't any included. They even treated all of us Metallica-concert-goers as well as the people who looked like they were there on business. Yeah, if you're ever in downtown Indianapolis, stay at the Hampton Inn across from the mall. It's a bit pricey, but it's 100% worth it.

The concert... I hid my Mace on my shoe, because I'm pretty sure we shouldn't have it. I was a bit nervous when they patted me down, because they did the legs too, and if they'd have gone an inch lower on the front of my leg I bet they'd have felt it. But I don't even like being in Decatur without mace. I keep in on my purse now instead of my lanyard though, because I've been letting Brandon carry the lanyard (It ruins some nice outfits) and that makes the mace useless. Anyway. We didn't make it in time for the first band. I wasn't feeling good, so we waited until the Tylenol kicked in. We were on the floor, so we were smashed in front of the stage (it was a small space, but so much closer than the seating) and got to see all of the Lamb of God set. It was bad ass. But fuck, Metallica was AWESOME. Not just them and their music, the lasors, the lights, the moving coffin light fixures and the colored fire. It was the full "we're famous as hell and know how to give a show" concert. I got a guitar (maybe bass) pick. Brandon got one from Lamb of God AND Metallica. :)

I still think the Offspring concert was better, but I knew 90% of the songs the Offspring sang word for word. I couldn't even sing along to most of Metallica. I knew some, a lot were familiar, but not word-for-word familiar. Still. Fucking awesome.

Then, of course. My love of Indy. I could have wondered around that place for hours. Easily. Gotten lost and enjoyed every second of taking in my surroundings. Indy just gives me such an at-home comforting feeling. Being around quite a few people but never too many. Getting the big city feeling without the same fear (in Downtown Inianapolis of course. It does have it's bad side, and it scares the shit out of me) of a place like Chicago. Although, I think I've only ever been on the bad side of Chicago. I was young I don't totally remember but the place looked dirty everywhere. Buuuut. yes. I'm in love. With Indianapolis. I miss it so much.

Our tattoos were done by John Chandler of Steel Rod Tattoo. The red spots on Brandon's Hello Kitty's foot and face are HIS blood, not the tattooed blood. Now that it's more healed it's just nice zombie green. Both were about $150.

X0X0

1 comment:

Shayla said...

I appologize for the pictures being so big that there is only 1 to 3 words each line. Much be a bitch to read, but I wanted medium sized pictures, and I don't feel like fixing it right now, or at all possibly.