September 03, 2009

Apartments and Corsets

WE GOT THE APARTMENT. The big (slightly more expensive) one! They said we should be able to move in by the end of the month. It's time to save save save and get ready. EXCITEMENT.

I'm bidding on a corset on eBay right now (only 2 1/2 hours left and it's only at $15. I won't go more than $20 though, it's really nice, but it's only an underbust) and while browsing their selections I can't help but get a little annoyed. The list busk (which is complicated to work with, sturdy, and makes putting on a corset 100 times easier, LITERALLY) as "hook and eye closures." I mean, I know that a lot of uneducated corset buyers would probably call it that, but 5 closures in a piece of busk is nothing like a corset with 50 hook and eyes down each side. Hook and eyes are also not very sturdy and look strained if you actually tie the corset tight... which is the whole point of a corset. I have two full corsets with hook and eyes. I'd trade them both for one underbust corset with busk.

Whatever. I have eyes, I can look at the pictures. Now I can't go crazy and buy a lot of them, though, since I'll need my money for the APARTMENT THAT WE GOT! fuck yes.

XoXo

2 comments:

Shayla said...

I got the corset... only $15. Thank you rubber painted lady

Michelle said...

I like how in one paragraph you use the phrase "its time to save save save," and in the next you're talking about ebay. i love you.