September 13, 2008

My AWESOME Idea

holy shit. that post is longer than any other posts I've ever written here PUT TOGETHER.

Okay. I got this idea for a computer program that might actually be genius.

I -was- gonna call it ThinkBook. Because it's the first thing to pop into my head, but that appears to be a website and I don't want to start a lawsuit.

Here's the basic Idea. Take Microsoft Word, your diary, your blog and video blog and put them all together.

It's a computerized diary. It's as souped up with options as your computers regular WORD program, but instead of saving each individual document as a separate file, they're all saved into whichever 'book' you write it in. Each book you create will be similar to a blog. You'll have several of your most recently created entries right in front of you. You can access your older entries by means of either a calendar with links (like some blogs have) or in tabs. There will be a year tab (if you write for that long in whichever book you choose) then in each year tab you'll have separate months, and in each month you can pick from days that you wrote.

The appearance of each book you create will be as customizable and any other blog on the internet, and it will fully support video and picture files. There will be no limit to the amount of entries you write, and no expiration date, so you won't loose anything like you do with other blogs. And, since some people are even a little hesitant to write online in a blog on private, just for fear that someone will find out, it's all just on your computer, and each book will be password protected. There WILL be an option to post your blog onto the internet after you save it though. It may require a website FOR the ThinkBook to be created until other sites host it (or they can use their personal sites, or an agreement can be made between this company and other blogs)


You'll even be able to go back to old blogs to add things in, like say you finally get your pictures developed and you get the CD and want to put each picture into the appropriate day. you CAN edit old blog entries at any time, but with the ThinkBook you can create entries on any day, even in the past. So if you didn't write on the day that you took the picture, you can still post it onto that day.

Why call it ThinkBook? because when I really want to think I just sit and write. I write notes to people that I'll never give them, I write my thoughts out, I just put down anything that comes to mind. And I want a program to do that in, that won't restrict me due to internet access and won't get cluttered around my computer due to having to save the files each seperatley (or make the file too large by saving everything onto one and just re-opening it every time)

think I'm onto something? I really think I am.

This would be BAD ASS and I'd be rich for a while.

where do you take your ideas that you can't do on your own for lack of skill? I just want a cut of the money, and for the program itself to be created.

it would be exhilarating!

Much Love,
S

2 comments:

Michelle said...

IT'S GENIUS!!

what is it with me and all caps today?? :O

but srsly.
i'd love a program like that. make it compatable with pcs AND macs!!!
muahaha! (because i use both, and then i could transfer everything from computer to computer easy)

Shayla said...

I told my brother about the program, and he totally told me it wasn't gonna happen.

but he's not a blogger. He doesn't understand the needs of someone who writes a lot. :(