February 03, 2011

gossip and fashion

2 more math problems and I'm 1/3 the way done, meaning done for the day. Then to write more of my paper dissecting Anita Blake through a feminist lens.

I'm starting to notice a lot of gossip going on around me. I think this is why I prefer to not socialize. I'd rather say nothing than contribute to a conversation about someone else, when they have no effect on me. Sure, a lot of people annoy me, but it's pretty easy to block people out and ignore them. All you have to do is not socialize with them to begin with. When people are only okay in certain situations (like outside of work, or when you're in class) and you often see them in others as well... then don't socialize with them in either. I hate hearing, "oh, they're fine when we're just hanging out, but when we're _____ they're sooo annoying." It seems really two-faced to me. Or, refrain for talking about them in a bad light if you're choosing to have them in your life at all.

Too much negativity.

I got some clothes from Aeropastle. Their little cami/tank top/undershirt THINGS are very nice. They're soft and sturdy and long and there's a million colors and patterns to choose from. However, I'm less than impressed with their shirts. I'm not a logo-girl. Even when I was hardcore into Tripp and Hot Topic gear I would have died before I had either logo sprawled across my chest. The only non-logo shirts they seemed to have there were ridiculously thin, to the point where you had to buy one of the tank tops to wear underneath it just to maintain decency in public (unless your into that bra-showing-through-your-shirt look. Who am I to judge?) You essentially need to spend $48 just for a your top unless you get a bitchin' sale (which I did) and even then I spent $20 for the combination. Less Logo-T's please.

Also, I still don't wear white. It looks terrible with my skin, and makes me look about 20lbs heavier and is generally see through. Why does white exist outside of weddings and accents to other colors?

X0X0,
S

No comments: