May 31, 2012

Thick Minds

I thought I was making it really clear through my facebook statuses that I was LOVING The Hunger Games. I haven't read in AGES and I finished the book in maybe two weeks while only reading it on my breaks at work for the first half of the novel. I finished the last half in a day.

I talked about how EXCITED I was to see the movie this Friday.

I even said I was planning on buying myself a set of hardback copies to put on my bookshelf next to my harry potter books (which normally have a shelf to themselves for how much I love them).

If that doesn't properly describe how into these books I am I don't know how else to explain it.

So why bother telling me that you hated the movie and that you thought it was a "snooze fest" while also telling me you never touched the books and didn't want to go see it? If you had no expectations, didn't bother with the books and didn't like it, then OBVIOUSLY your opinion of it will be different than someone who is the opposite in every aspect?

Also, why so much bitchy? You don't bitch out someone from a company over a misunderstanding. It's childish. The way MOST people handle those situations is ridiculous. If someone talked to me like that outside of work they'd lose teeth over how hard I punched their face. You treat humans like humans no  matter what the situation (unless they are actively and purposefully trying to lessen your life. Not hitting the senior discount button, sending you the wrong package or not smiling enough during your transaction in no way lessens your life. Actively and purposefully trying to lower your self esteem is lessening your life.

ANYWAY. Being an opinionated person isn't bad, but not knowing when it is and isn't appropriate to give someone your opinion is always trait you should work towards getting.

XoXo,
S

No comments: