June 06, 2012

Finishing the Hunger Games Series (minimal spoilers if any)

1) Seneca Crane, why must you and your beard be so sexy in that movie? Why is that the ONLY movie you're going to be in with the sexy beard and sexiness? You were there for so little. I'll never get more now ;_;

2) (the real post)

I think I read The Hunger Games series at the right time in my life. It's made me realize so many things about myself that I see in Katniss. The abrasiveness to people who love me unconditionally, and not seeing all the strength others seem to see in me. Trying so hard to defend the people I love, even if it's their desire to be the one saving me. The plot. Oh, the plot. The revolution, the threat of nuclear attack, the many many lost lives. The big problem with me reading stories where I love the main characters is that those are the captivating amazing stories the lace the facts of life into them. People die. Especially in times of war. People are used. People are tortured and some peoples lives are only valued to the extent of their usefulness to the cause. Stuff like that may be very well going on right now and we don't even know because we don't care to and no one cares to tell us.

It feels like it's almost a real future. Instead of feeling helpless though (which I've been feeling since trying to process most of the 3rd book) I've decided the best way to react is to learn and try to be a good compassionate person. I noticed that while it was easy for Katniss to hate the people in the capitol that she's never met, she loves her prep team. She realizes that just because they're bizarre looking and care about trivial crap, they're still good loving caring people. They just are what they know. Even though they enjoy their lifestyles in the capitol they don't do so with hatred in their hearts for the districts. It's hard to hate your enemy when you realize that not all of them are evil. Not all of them have ill plans and deep seeded hatred for you. They're just like us, caught up in a fight.

I don't know what else to say about it. It's been making me think too much but I like it. I love feeling sad, and I love feeling lonely and I love the feeling I get when I mourn the loss of a character I liked. I've been listening to the saddest of the dolls songs on top of all of this. The sadness is what keeps me sane, and helps me realize I'm still a person, just like everyone else who acts as hard as I do.

XoXo,
S

No comments: