May 30, 2012

Hunger Games and the Love Story (spoilers) and the Lies the fans told me

I feel kinda of lied to by hunger games fans.

They said the love story was too played up in the movie, and that it wasn't a big part of the story in the book. I just read the book. The love story is a huge part of it. Maybe not in a truthful way, but they make a point to play up the love story, even if it's only for show. Even if Katniss isn't crazy in love with Peeta and just wants to be able to live without having to kill him... How can a movie play that up more? It's VITAL to the story. They wouldn't have both gotten to live if they hadn't played up the love story. They would have died in the capital if Katniss hadn't pretended to be madly (no, INSANELY) in love with Peeta.

Their suicide/middle finger to the Capital would have meant a tragic accident towards her if they hadn't been believable.

How can a movie play up the love story more? By making it clear that Katniss had some confusion towards he actual feelings towards Peeta and Gale? I doubt they'd actually have her fall in love with him because there are two other books that I assume follow her as the character (and that assumption may be my flaw in thinking, but I want to go into them clueless so the adventure is a mystery) so how would they pull of the next two movies without raping the books if they didn't have it end with them not being together and her admitting that she was just trying to survive by appealing to the crowd..

Maybe I shouldn't feel so lied to. But I read these complaints before reading the books. I kept reading and thinking the it was going to change and move in a different direction until I was a little over halfway through. I kept thinking the "love story" was about to end and it didn't.

I'm excited about going to see the movie though. I loved the book so much. And the next one is waiting for me at my dad's :o

xoxo,
s

No comments: