August 01, 2011

Loans

I was excited about classes this fall. SO excited. I was starting German, I got into my Gender and Violence in Pop Culture class (which is offered every year, and only has like one class. I made it in though.) I was going to brush up on my composition skills to improve my writing for my WOST classes and I was going to  PASS my algebra class with at least a B this time.

And then I only get about $2500 worth of loans for the fall. You know, that doesn't even pay for my classes, let alone my books. Even with me having my my algebra book already. Books for the pop culture class total about $200, and all the materials for German were about the same. I still need a $100 program called My Math Labs for the math class and then whatever book I'd need for composition.

I was starting to feel really good about everything. Everything seemed like it was being put in place... And now it's all fucked up because our government doesn't want to help kids go to school. I'll be getting about $1000 from my dad, but that's to pay my car payment and keep up with the oil changes and washing. I was all ready to cut down my work schedule and buckle down and get school taken care of finally. Why does this shit keep happening to me? I was ready to take this on. I finally had academic confidence and now I don't even get the chance to do it all.

Obviously I have to keep my math class because by next year they'll have different books. And I need to get more basic classes out of the way so I'll bump myself up to the next level of composition and spend my extra free time working on that. Fuck, I wanted my Pop Culture class. The book list looked amazing.

I'm too depressed to finish this and the schools internet keeps going down so I'm going to post while I can.

XoXo,
S

No comments: