August 02, 2011

Confidence.

Today I found out that the reason I'm not getting more in loans is because I'm still a freshman. I'm still a freshman because I can't afford to go full time. See my frustration?

I have 13 credit hours currently. I'm signed up for 9 this fall, and I need 30 to be considered a sophomore (which will only get me an extra $1000 in loans, but it's better than nothing I guess.)

I have to retake my algebra class this fall because my grade was a D, and I want at least a B before I move to the next level because I'm required to get a C in that class to graduate. I'm retaking it now instead of later because we're still using the same book, so I'm saving $112 on that front, and if I pass with a B, I can sell this book in the spring because it'll still be in use for that semester. This is good financially, however it also means I will either be 3 credits short of being a sophomore next semester if I only take 9 credits then as well. I'll have to take 12 credit hours despite having the financial aid for only 6.

I'm actually strongly relying on myself to get my business started so I can save money. It's weird. I believe in myself though. :) For like $100 I can get this all started. I can do this, and I believe in myself. I have to make $2000 SOON. I can always take summer classes, actually. I want to to take Com114 in the summer anyway because it's going to be filled with public speaking and the thought makes me sick so I want to do it in 6 weeks instead of 3 months. Plenty of time to come up with the money.

I need to sell 20-25 sets of dread falls to make $1000, and I'll have to reinvest some of that money to continue to make more. I actually don't know if I can do THAT many sales in so few months, but I have to try, right?

XoXo,
S

ps, my boyfriend was accepted into the university of Seattle. I'm applying online. If we're accepted we may be going there in the spring time :)

No comments: