January 25, 2011

Tea Time

I, through conversation with my boyfriend, realized something today that kinda gave me a reasoning for why I blog, and why I need to keep it up. I have terrible memory. When I'm reminded of something, the link is still there, but without that push I can't seem to keep the connections together. I don't want to lose all of my memories just because no one is here to spark the connections in my brain.

I tried to think back to high school, and remember something. Nothing in particular, just see if I could pull up a memory. I can't quite do it. My memories are like the times I spend drunk. It IS there, but its also all fuzzy around the edges. I sometimes have all of the pieces but I can't seem to pull them into the right order to make the memory. Certain little pieces stand out, but for some reason I can't make anything of them. When I look back at myself, all I really see is this black and white picture of me from my photography class. Long straight black hair, baggy good charlotte shirt, jeans, a good charlotte wrist band, a pink floyd wrist band (even though I didn't listen to pink floyd.) Michelle is a black and red striped shirt with a zipper above the chest, blue jeans, converse and long brown hair with bright red tips, occasionally cat ears. Kim is a t-shirt, jeans, black quilted converse, long curly red hair in a really big bun and an olive green messenger bag.

When I think back to any moment of high school before my senior year, that's exactly how I picture everyone unless I noted otherwise in my memory. (yes, I take note of certain things and store them as important. Like that day Michelle wore a layered top, a black skirt over leather looking pants and heels/boots because she was going to the french restraunt with the french club.)

I mean, I have photographs. I have blogs. But in my head I only have those big, fuzzy edged and jumbled pieces. I remember specific looks people gave me, but not why or when. I blog, in detail, because I don't want to forget. There are a lot of times over the past few years that I can't remember where I was or what I was doing because I never wrote it down.

Therefor, Today I drank a cup of tea in the Antropology lounge on campus. It made me feel brittish, and it's peppermint flavored. Michael bought it for me.

XoXo,
S

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I had red streaks in high school, not red tips. ): But I don't remember anything about the outfit I wore to Joseph DeCuis.

My friend Amanda says she relies on me to remember the things she does. But I write everything down because if I don't, I won't remember it. But once I do, even if I lose my daily planner, I'll remember.

And sometimes I take photobooth pictures because there are days when I look in the mirror and am surprised because I forget what I look like. I think I should remember what I look like.