January 02, 2011

static

I haven't blogged for a while. I'm not sure what I want out of life. Is that a surprise? Have I ever?

I just want to do something that I enjoy. Something that makes me happy. Why isn't that an acceptable goal? My passions are rarely things that I would make a lot of money off of (hell, less than a year ago I was ready to uproot and move to a big city to be a street performer.)

Where in the professional world is there room for someone like me? There really isn't, and I don't WANT to wear a fucking business suit and look like a drab personality lacking piece of corperate America. That's not for everyone. It's just not.

I haven't moved forward a single step since college, have I? It' supposed to be helping me, but it isn't.

XoXo,
S

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Hey, I've been in college for two and a half years and I still don't know what's going to happen when I graduate.

I don't think anyone has to be a part of corporate america, regardless of what my dad says. I believe that I can have a rad life right where I am, even if it means working a 9-5 job that doesn't pay very well. As long as I'm happy, I don't care about being rich or famous.

And college won't help you with figuring out where you want to be in the world. All college does is teach you things that might be helpful to you in the outside world. Turns out, it's really up to you to figure out where and who you want to be. And it's a lot harder than it sounds.