January 04, 2011

bugs and disease

I've come to realize something tonight, bed bugs are ten times more of a bother and more expensive and difficult to get rid of than an STD (besides those which are forever.) BUT people get sued over giving someone an STD, like the girl who got herpes from a guy who claimed to be clean... but if you know you have bed bugs and go sleep at someone's house or let them go to yours its no legal fault of the person who had them if the other person gets the bugs from the experience.

I'm not saying one situation is worse than the other for either party (okay, yes I am) but I've slept at home in my own bed for about 3 days in a row now and I'm just a tad bit irritated by the nasty itchy bites on my back feet and arms. I've managed to keep my shit clean enough to not give my boyfriend bedbugs over the last few weeks so it IS possible to not spread them while taking basic precautions. too bad no one considered that before giving them to me.

so remember kids, vacuum a lot (floors, bed, whatever) wash your sheets and blankets, keep your clothes away from your bed and don't be afraid of using hot water or a dryer on its max setting if it means keeping your bed bugs to yourself. oh, and wrap it before you tap it, ALWAYS.

XoXo
S

1 comment:

Michelle said...

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

I've never encountered bed bugs before. They don't sound friendly.