January 28, 2011

Being Too Connected;Causing Loss of Connection

I'm trying to get to the bottom of my attention problems, and bad short term memory. I found an article that gives 8 possible suggestions. I have 8 counts potentially going against me.

also, its hard to see things through to eyes of others. sometimes its impossible to know how another feels about you, situations you're in, or the experiences you share. that's why I try to be honest and open about them. I won't just expect someone to know I'm happy or unhappy based on how things go or how I act (i always to to look at the bright side and stay positive, but it doesn't mean I'm happy) so I try to verbalize it. Yeah, that means you have to trust what I say over what I do sometimes, but trust is important in any kind of relationship.

this also goes the other way. I don't know how others feel, so I trust the things they say. if they like to verbally express unhappiness, I take their word. maybe they aren't as unhappy as they like to say, and show that in their actions (actions speak louder, but words are easier to define.)

I think that more than anything, communication in the age of technology is dead. I don't blame Facebook for me and others not communicating properly, but its a tool that we fail to utilize in a way that enhances our ability to share, instead of hindering. I've always been socially dysfunctional, but I find it harder and harder the more I try to connect socially using the internet.

I think I need to restrict my T-communications.

No comments: