May 22, 2009

Art


Did I talk about this yet?

When I was at Barnes and Noble with Brandon I found this book. It caught my eye instantly. (I mean, come on, rainbow)

When I picked it up I had NO idea what I just found. Decorated post cards filled with peoples secrets. I stood there in the aisle and read the book, beginning to end. It was ART. THIS BOOK is exactly what art is to me. It's touching, deep, profound and it -really- makes me think. Some secrets hit so close to home I nearly cried right there in the middle of the store.

I didn't have $21 though. I'd kill to buy it. It's the first truly artistically motivating thing I've seen all year.

As with all things I find artistic, I always end up in a state of self-hate and depression. I don't know why, but when I find something that holds so much meaning it just breaks me up and upsets me. I almost happily welcome that feeling, because I know it means that due to that art, I've changed a little. That's the purpose of art in my life.

<3
S

No comments: