October 14, 2013

When poor people don't live up to your expectations

You wish you had an iPhone like that girl with food stamps? Have someone in your family who's willing to fucking buy you one. Go in to get a phone when they're having g a good sale. Have an older model to trade in (I bought a 4 off my sister for $50 at Christmas and when I traded it in late spring for a 5, the latest model at the time, and changed my plan to sprint I got the phone for $30. If you can afford a fucking video game or fast food you can afford $80 over the span of 5 months). 

Don't assume that someone who has something you don't just blows money on things. Maybe, just maybe, she doesn't drink Starbucks every day. Maybe she got it to treat herself. Maybe she has a friend who does acrylic nails ( or does them herself, it's not hard). Maybe her purse is a fake and she lied because you were being a harsh judgement piece of shit towards her because she doesn't have a lot of money and you think that means she should be in rags and have a government cell phone. 

I had a phone that wasn't a smart phone for a while. It cost me $200 out of pocket just for the phone, and as much per month as my smart phone and data plan had costed. Plus hidden new phone turn on fees. My iPhone experience took $150 total and that's because I got an otter box and some insurance for my phone. You could easily get the case cheaper and from somewhere else. 

And they sell fake name brand clothes everywhere for as cheap as Walmart shit. And then there's goodwill, where I've found a $60 shirt with the tags still on it for $5. 

Why would you really be so concerned with someone looking like they have money when they don't? Maybe because you're a judgemental piece of shit. Yeah, probably not your sense or moral and social justice. Just you being a bag of dicks. 

No comments: