October 28, 2013

Being a cat lady

I talk about my cats like some people talk about their kids. 

And when some people bring up their kids I probably have a similar story about my cats. 

But people give me looks. Some are dirty looks (like how dare I compare my cat to their kid even though they're doing almost the exact same thing) or this smug smile like I'm so delusional and I can't possibly understand the wonders of children and I'm just deluding myself with the whole cat thing. 

When my aunt was pregnant the first time she wished she could give birth to a litter of kittens instead. Even though she loves her kids her pets are still considered family. 

If you don't think your pet is a like a child you don't need to be having a pet. I'm not saying you need to choose what's best for a dog over what's best for your baby (THAT is crazy) but you should have overbearing maternal instincts from them. You should care about them like they're as important as humans. Because they kinda are. 

XoXo,
S

No comments: