January 21, 2013

things and life stuff

"I'll admit that Taylor Swift doesn't sound like she's country but she is."

I'll post that again and bold the hilarity.
"I'll admit that Taylor Swift doesn't sound like she's country but she is."

If it doesn't SOUND like it's country, it's not. She has some country songs, but no, she's mostly pop. Pop with an acoustic guitar, sure, but pop.

ANYWAY. 


I accidentally threw my lip ring away. I take it out to eat. I sit it on my tray. Every time. I've never forgotten to pick it back up and today I was not so lucky. It's gone forever. I don't have a second one either. And I'm broke for at least the next 9 days. If this grows shut I can't even get it re-pierced because my job won't let me have it in while I'm there. 

And I just bleached my hair about 2 weeks ago, and I already have about a centimeter or new growth. At least I think it was only two weeks ago. Possibly 3. I guess that's not really fast for hair growth, but I haven't even had a chance to get my hair a good solid color and my roots are already visible. Doesn't help that they're dark and the rest if pastel blonde.

But I have 3 days off this week. Two of them are consecutive days. After 6 hours of work, I'm off for 48. And I rolled a 1lb skein of yarn into a huge ball. Then I rolled a full skein of hippie colored yarn into a ball, and then some scrap black yarn, because I was bored and it was there. I should probably add the black yarn to my ball of scrap yarn... Later. 


Also, I'm wanting to make my own little yarn bowl thing. The ceramic ones they sell on etsy. With the little holes so that your ball of yarn wont come out of the bowl. But I want to make them. Because they aren't worth $80. I appreciate your work as artist, I really do. And they're beautiful bowls, amazing glazes... But I can do that. I'm pretty good with ceramics. The sellers are just fortunate enough to have the supplies while I don't. I'm trying to find a local place that will let me make my own ceramics and not just paint them. If worst comes to worst I think IPFW offers a ceramics for non-majors. I'll try to get into that. 


XoXo,
S

No comments: