January 09, 2012

fat

If you want to ruin a girl for the rest of their life, call them fat when they're young.

My W233 prof just said that. It's true too.

Jon wonders why I'm so self conscious of my body. More so than I should be. Sure, a little reluctance to take my clothes off is a good thing, but to such an extent I know it's unhealthy. The really sad part is that I KNOW my body is decent. My pants size may have gone up a little since high school, but I still can wear all the same shirts and clothes. I looked good back then, and I do now, but I can't shake the idea that I'm some gross obese blobby thing.

When he brought that up in class today, I remembered back when I was really young. Mushroom haircut young. My grandma used to tell me all the time that I needed to be watching what I eat so I didn't get fatter. I was a chubby kid, sure, but I have a pretty full face. I did until I got braces, and then my face thinned out and everyone talked about how good I looked and how much weight I lost despite the fact that I was the largest I'd ever been in my life. I didn't even lose weight when my stomach thinned out. I just gained hips. (sexy hips. And a sexy butt. Having a guy who appreciates your most prominent features is awesome.)

But I think I'm going to watch what I say when I talk to children. they don't deserve to have to look at themselves like I do. You should try to guide them, not knock them down with negativity.

XoXo,
S

No comments: