October 14, 2012

My Crochet; My Life

I never cry when I'm sad. Mostly when I'm angry or frustrated and on rare occasions when I'm speechlessly happy.

Like right now.

I have a crochet commission for a for-real custom hat of Teemo from LOL. It doesn't look like it'd be too hard after I figure out how I want to piece it all together. And I woke up to that request this morning. The person requesting it is a girl who does freelance photography, meaning my hat will get some promoting by her.

Then a girl I work with asked me if I'd make her a hat, and how much I'd want for it. Just a plain striped beanie like the ones I've been working on for Christmas gifts. She said she'd let me know on the colors as soon as she decides.

That conversation led to me talking to this lovely lady who has watched me crochet at work before; about how I DO need to charge people for my stuff, but how I also love giving everything away as gifts. I told her about how I was currently working on making everyone a hat for Christmas since I couldn't afford gifts last year and how had made stuff is always kinda precious to the people who get them (especially if its someone you know who knows how much work goes into something you've made.)

Before she left, she dropped me a ten and told me to get more yarn to make sure I get all my Christmas gifts done. I'm tearing up again. This is too perfect. My day. My life. Everything just keeps falling into place.

XoXo,
s

No comments: