October 05, 2012

growing up

I was at Ulta today, gushing over expensive makeup, telling myself I'd save up and buy some... And I realized that i was most likely to buy something like foundation, base or a sealant. In high school (or even just a couple years ago) I'd have gone straight for the expensive high pigment eye shadows.

It's not that I don't still want that intense bruise-like purple, and the green and blue and so on. I want them so bad. But I guess I realized that I'd get more use out of those three.  A good foundation can be used every day just to give you a good natural boost. A good eyeshadow base will make ANY pigment look better and help you apply it, and a good sealant will keep our face in place even if you're using cheap crap. Those are the important factors in good make-up, not just having good eye shadows applied in a pretty way.

I just thought I'd share how much more mature I am not that I turn 23 in 2 minutes. :)

XoXo,
S

No comments: