April 06, 2012

life :D

I keep trying to write and I keep stopping because I never know what to say to make a coherent post. A lot is going on, and I'll just go through it all because it's my blog and I can be as boring as I want.

I had my drug test today for GM. I'm 99.9% positive that I'll pass. That .1% is the fear that they'll mess up my sample or that I accidentally came into contact with pot (due to excessive hippie friends) and that the test is so sensitive that a half second of breathing in a room where someone else is smoking will effect my test results. Basically, if I don't pass I'll be pissed. The biggest reason I haven't even TRIED drugs is because I was hoping that at some point in my future me having not done them would put me ahead of someone who was more qualified for a job than I was. This is that time.

On the topic of GM, I was talking to my friend who referred me. I was feeling iffy about how much time I'd end up working there since it's only temp. If I was only going to work there for a month or two, I'm still pretty fucked financially. I'd be 100% back on my feet. I'd have been able to save quite a bit and take care of my own bills for once. But then the money flow that I needed (okay, the money flow is fucking EXCESSIVE compared to what I actually NEED) would stop and I'd slow empty my savings again and be fucked.

He told me that most temp summer workers do about 3-4 months (which is a great amount of time, I'd be able to make my car payments for at least a whole year if I work that long.) A weight had been lifted off my chest and I felt great about the whole situation again. He even said that a lot of the temp workers at GM right now never stopped work. like, they asked them to keep working so they're basically full time workers without the union.

On a very related note, I found a LOVELY studio apartment in a small high rise downtown, near everything I want to be near. Only $335/month plus electric. I'm not sure I'm ready to take on the cost of living on my own (that's 335/month I could be SAVING or WASTING on other things, seeing how I live for free with my dad and stay at Jon's, which is a 15 minute walk away from the apartment I'm looking at). But having my own studio is kind of a dream of mine. A HUGE one. And in a year, me and Jon will probably be at the state where we move in together. I want to live alone for a bit in my studio (and me and Jon can't fit into a tiny apartment together. We get along great, but there's no other room to go to when you need to be alone). It's one of those things, where I have to determine a future choice now, and I'm not sure about it.

Jon just came home and I feel weird blogging around him, so later.

XoXo,
S

No comments: