April 10, 2012

S's guide to dealing with people you don't want to talk to you.

I like Jenna Marbles "how to get guys to like you" video in all its sarcastic glory.

I'd also like to point out that a lot of girls act like that for a reason. Guys and their unintentional (for the purpose of no confrontation) mind games.

If you meet a girl and you get to talking... and you're thinking "man, I'm not into this girl" then don't in any way lead her on. This will include ignoring her. But, it also includes telling her you aren't interested. Being upfront. Especially before she gets to the crazy part. If she's honestly texting you a couple times a day despite no reply, it's time to break it to her that you aren't interested.

I know that I personally am USED to people who aren't very easy to get ahold of. My boyfriend doesn't like to text period. My brother NEVER replies because he tends to be engrossed in his video games and by the time he's done he has long since forgotten the message.

Don't think that people should take the hint by your distant behavior. I've dated guys who were a little distant at first. Some people are just distant people (myself) even if they like you. Instead of trying to get them to "take the hint" (aka: unintentionally playing mind games in hopes of them doing what you want without telling them) just fucking say what you want to them.

Why spend a month trying to ignore someone you don't like when you could have resolved the problem by telling them from the start that you weren't really interested and didn't like them? Don't be a prick about it. Don't TRY to hurt them, and don't try to soften the blow so much that the message doesn't get across (it's about as effective and ignoring them).

The point I'm making?

If you don't like someone, especially in that way and ESPECIALLY if they clearly like you, tell them. Say CALMLY "Hey, _____, I know we had fun that one time, but I'm really not interested in you so it'd be better if we just break our contact from one another and go our separate ways." and then? Don't talk to them. At all. Ever again. When you've done that and she THEN continues to bother you, you can call her crazy.
(I say to tell them calmly because if you seem to be having a fight or argument someone else can rationalize that you didn't mean it and that you were just upset. If you're unreasonable mean they'll feel that you're just having a bad day. Don't give them a reason to not believe what you're saying.)

That's all I got.

XoXo,
S

No comments: