December 14, 2011

Crocheting

I've only been crocheting for about 2 or 3 weeks now, and I already have a pet peeve or two.

1) calling it knitting. I'm a retard, and even I know there's a difference between the two. Not even just the needles and hooks.

2) pointing to something clearly knitted and saying "can you crochet me that"


No. No I can't. I've explained a million times the difference between the appearance and density of knits vs. crochets. if it looks like thousands of tiny V shapes, has a very solid (no hole) appearance but lots of stretch, and it fairly thin and flimsy... it's a knit. I would have to single crochet the entire thing with small yarn and a tiny needle, it was take AGES and it still wouldn't be the same. If you want something dense, lacey, or with decorative open sections, I'm you're girl. If you want a long scarf that's solid, go buy one. Crocheting my brother's girlfriend's scarf (about 6 ft long) has taken about 3 hours a day for over a week. I'm not even done yet, I'm just out of yarn. I need to double it's width still. It's cheaper and faster to buy it. Decorative lacey scarf? Yeah, I'll do that. Solid long scarf? go fuck yourself.

I still need to find a proper beard and mustache pattern. ;_; or Christmas won't come this year and children will cry.

No comments: