March 18, 2011

Need to Connect

Well, I’m using wifi from a restaurant and apparently it sucks so I keep getting disconnected. That’s what Live Writer is for Open-mouthed smile (and scary emoticons I guess.)

I’ve realized something about my friends from work here in Decatur. I only moved 30 minutes away. Most people drive up to where I live now at least once a week, more if they’re in college. And yet, because my residence is no longer as convenient as being across the street I no longer get invited. I don’t find out about what cool thing everyone is going to do together (sometimes even in Fort Wayne) just because it stopped being easy.

I know a lot of people will not want to be around you when things are going bad, and that those friends aren’t really friends (but hey, sometimes we just can’t deal with other people’s problems on top of our own, so sometimes I get that) but what about the people who aren’t willing to make an effort if it doesn’t appear that things will be easy? Things are gong pretty damn good as far as I’m willing to talk about, since I don’t obsess over the bad things in my life anymore, and yet people just don’t want to try.

Before I moved from 13th street to Rugg,There wasn’t a single gathering that I wasn’t invited to, whether it seemed like I’d go or not. I move across town and I’m still invited to girls night and the occasional movie. I move to the Fort and I’m not even TOLD when girl’s night is until the day before.

It’s not like we don’t all have and use facebook, we all have each other’s phone numbers and we all text.

 

This is me whining about how I don’t have friends and how I’m unhappy with the lack of connections I’ve made in my life (emotional connections, not business or otherwise.)

XoXo,
S

No comments: