November 30, 2012

Wacom Bamboo Splash

Oh, I also got my Bamboo Splash in the mail exactly on the date it was supposed to arrive :D

I wasn't expecting to become an instant artist, but I wasn't expecting how much it would actually take to get used to drawing with it. I like it for doing lines, but I'm not so sure I want it for more than that. I shade and color better with the track pad. I feel like I have more control that way too. I wish it was a mouse and pen set instead of just that weird thing where it if you hover the pen close to the screen it'll move the mouse to it's approximate location. I'd rather just tell it where to start with my cursor so that I know it'll be exact.

After more use I'll probably get better. Another problem I've run into is me not really liking any of my drawing programs. What I want is literally a nicer version of MS paint. CS4 is way too much for what I do. Even the programs that came with it are too much. I just want to make lines on one layer (or a few) and the color below them on another layer. I don't want to have to group each line together or it to be considered one. I didn't have them touching on the same layer for the hell of it, they're supposed to connect -_-

But woe is me and my 1st world problems. I'll figure it out. I also have SAI but I'm not quite a fan of that either (because I drew my lines on a higher up layer and tried to color them on the lower layer with a different tool and it fucking covered my lines up on the above layer).

I'm learning. I'm get there.

XoXo,
S

1 comment:

M said...

My Wacom Intuos 4 tabbie came with a pen and mouse. But I hate the mouse. Because you have to use it on the tablet. Just get a wireless mouse for your laptop.

Also, you should try Illustrator. Use the pencil tool or the brush tool. The pen tool is fucking complicated and only used for really accurate stuff. Illutrator's my favorite program in the Design Suite. And, no matter how small you make your drawing, you can always resize it without worrying about quality loss!