September 10, 2012

perspectives

All things considered, I feel oddly content right now.

I'm finishing crochet projects. I finished my cat pattern blanket, my boss's baby blanket AND the baby blanket for my friend which I put a little scallop boarder on. I've never done borders but I did the shell stitch for the cat blanket so I figured I'd give it a shot. It looks super cute. I'm actually accomplishing things and it feels so good.

On top of that, my boyfriend took me on an epic date day. Flowers (roses!) my favorite chocolates, some hard cider and a controller for the Wii that lets me play old Nintendo games from the Nintendo store. He also replaced the battery in my memory card for the N64 and we got games for that.

On top off all that awesome? he took me to see The Avengers and it was so good. I'm STILL thinking about that movie and I saw it on Friday. Then when we got home we watched Captain America and I suddenly have so much love for HIS character (he's the only one who's movie I haven't seen so I was having much less feels for him.)

I'm working on another blanket. Getting ideas for a new project. Just generally being happy and content. I'm going to have to replace one of my cars tired but I'm almost completely caught up on bills so it's not even a big deal to me. After I pay about $200 to the internet bill ($140 of which my brother will have to pay me back because it back-charges from when it was his bill and not mine) I'll just have to keep up with my month to month payments. No more late feels, no more worrying about my phone getting shut off. Life is just getting better. After I'm caught up my bills will only be about $200 a month. that's only 1/4 of my paycheck with the hours I'm pulling right now. I may be able to start helping with my car even if I DON'T get a second job. But I'm still trying to. 15 hours a week at any minimum wage job will easily cover my car. Nothing else, so I'll have to try to get a job around the area I already spend time at to save me the extra gas.

Rob drove home halfway home last night. I'm going to help him get some driving confidence :) Then help him study to get his permit and then help him study and practice to get his license. I don't expect THAT to happen quickly, but if he's capable of driving I at least know he'll be able to take me to the hospital if I'm injured, or drive me to walmart to get medicine if I have a really bad headache. Feeling lots of pride for my baby.

Life, guys. It's fucking good.

(Also, did I ever mention that despite my fight to get off of closes I've accepted the position and now closing has been 100x's better. I love my new night manager, I don't mind my job because it's EASY and hey, I got 2 days requested off every week and I'm still getting 40 hours. Can't argue with that one. One of those days is even friday.

xoxo,
S

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the web, simply just a moment back I was searching for a brand new pair of shoes and now I am here. So much info at the touch of a hand, it truly is simply incredible.