September 27, 2012

Jobs

For, for a while there was a REALLY good possibility for me to be moving to Texas for a job at GM. However, GM in the area I already live in called me yesterday to schedule another drug test and this may be the time they finally hire me here. If Arlington calls me for an assessment before I get called to work here, I'll probably refuse the position here and play the waiting game with Texas. I have my bills mostly under control now. I only owe $250 of the ER bill that was around a grand from earlier this year. My phone is caught up, and besides that I just have to pay for my internet which is caught up now (and my bro owes me a bit for from his previous lack of payments that I inherited.) I don't need the job as desperately as I did. I fucking fought my way through it and I did it.

The plants haven't been hiring full time for years now, but they're bumping a bunch of temps to being official workers. They're probably bump the temps who've been there for the last 10 years of them not hiring full timers, but it means there's a shot at being an official GM worker in the next few years. Which means being able to transfer to a different GM plant. Texas hopefully. Or anywhere. I want out of this state.

But since I'll be able to live at home while I work there, I'll be saving at least $600/month since I won't have to pay for rent (besides whatever I throw my dads way) and utilities and such.

I'll be able to save up for school. Not at IPFW. Anywhere but IPFW. But we have Ivy Tech, ITT Tech, and St. Francis. Or I can just save for a few years and go to a nicer more expensive Uni when I move.

Whatever. I don't care. I'm just glad I can finally start moving forward instead of working so hard but going nowhere.

XoXo,
S

I guess I forgot to post this? oops.

No comments: