May 26, 2011

a few things to get off my chest.

I feel like I've been running in circles for a while now.

I'm looking for a job that pays at least $8 an hour, because it's impossible for one person to live on minimum wage, let alone two people (which shouldn't be happening, but what the hell ever.)I'm tired of being yelled at about where all my money is going when it's all going to gas and food for two fucking people. I can barely support myself, let alone a bottomless pit that's never happy with what I can give. It's not even cheaper to buy groceries. Instead of going to McDonald's a few weeks ago, we decided to go to the grocery store, where I ended up having to buy $20 steaks, and a $30 bottle of wine (because he'd "rather have a nice bottle of wine than eat." Well, guess what, I need FOOD.) so I ended up spending $40 more than if we'd just gotten a fucking big mac.

I understand that you get used to the lifestyle you were raised with but being adaptable is a big deal when you don't have the money to go a bar that charges $20 for fucking fish n' chips. And $10 a drink. I'd love to be able to do that too. It sounds like something fun to do on a weekly basis but that doesn't mean that you CAN. We can't.

The basis that you determine things from can be crazy. I won't shop at CVS anywhere because I was once accused of stealing when trying out the free samples of make-up on display. It was based entirely on how I was dressed. I also don't go to Maurice's because they follow me around the store, asking me if I need help every time I touch something even though I told them more than once that I'm just looking. Again, because of how I looked to them (except on this occasion it was because I looked poor, not because I looked like a "goth" )

However, saying that we can't live in a certain area because we don't have hundreds of dollars to blow on nightlife? Fuck that. I loved the view from that apartment building. If the only thing I ever got to do was walk around town (FREE) and look out and view the city from the apartment (also kinda free, besides costs of the apartment) I'll be happy. I don't need to go buy an expensive new outfit to go to a club and I don't need overpriced pub food. My taste buds aren't as "advanced" as you're I guess, but greasy fish tastes like greasy fish, and a bed of lettuce with dressing on it tastes the same until you start getting into the expensive ingredients that can be put on it... Which they don't do. $100 in food for one night, or eat for a week anywhere else. Why is that a hard choice?

I like shopping, I like browsing, but I don't like buying. I think its selfish and wasteful of me to buy everything I want. And, wanting something doesn't mean I'll use it or that it'll look good on me. Why get angry at me because I don't buy something I like? As in, why get legitimately MAD because I go to the mall, look at everything and only buy something to eat for the trip? When it's your money you can do with it as you please, but I prefer to keep mine longer than payday. You know, on account of a minimum wage job and 30 hours a week.

And yes, the Jesus of Suburbia look is a hipster thing. There's a shit load of sub-categories to every subculture. Emo, goth, punk, skater, ravers, scene and hipsters. All different sub-cultures with 100 different ways to take claim to a part of the subculture. Subculture is what I know. It's how I grew up and it remains part of my life. Yeah, you may have been a pseudo-skater in high school, and your a pseudo hipster now, but that doesn't mean you know everything about the culture. You can't survive as a high class corporate world jack-ass for as long as you did and still make claim to that past like a badge of honor while you bitch about everyone who skates now. If they're all white trash, then so were you. Deal with it.

XoXo,
S

No comments: