October 05, 2009

Letters

Dear Thinks Your an Artist,
Over edited photos, generic macro-like flower shots, and paintings with no heart, no matter how beautiful they may look (okay, over edited photos just look cheap and over-edited) have no meaning, no flavor and aren't art. They're wall-hangings, profile pictures, things to put in a scrap book and good pieces to work around for things like computer backgrounds and other things across the internet that need to be pretty, but art they are not. I could go into this further, but knowing your dry, boring, and way too closed minded personality I can tell that nothing will get through to you. The greatest artists don't just make a pretty picture, the put forth imagination beyond a painting of a silhouette to a red sunrise. They're art invokes something in people that can't be put into words, and by invoke I don't just mean they are impressed with quality and color. There's no art without heart, and there's no heart without a deeper feeling (a passion that you can only explain through your work.)

Dear former friend,
the only thing your astrological sign says about you that you actually are is two faced, indecisive and superficial. You are not witty (the requires wit) you may get those annoying hyper phases, but your generally lazy and therefor not energetic and your certainly not clever or imaginative. :\ delusional maybe, but not imaginative.

Dear Recently Ex-Boyfriend,
You make me fucking insane. Your general lack of caring, you victim stance on every situation, and your inability to comprehend situation or apply past ones to the present (just because they aren't exact.)

Dear brother,
I may not pay as much of my check towards bills and food, but I do nearly all the cleaning, and ALL the dishes, and all of the laundry that is not personal (towels and such) and I've been taking out the trash a lot lately, because you haven't been home to do it. Yes, you pay the bills (only a little more than half of them, that is. I still pay quite a chunk of them) and I play the role of the domestic girl. I was afraid that I would be the one leaving messes for you to clean up, who'd have thought it'd be the other way around.

Dear Best Friend From a Distance,
I'd make time for you, I would. I'd clear my schedule for you because I miss you. I'd accept mere hours of your time, because it'd mean an hour of catching up. I haven't heard from you in weeks. We speak maybe once or twice every other month. Is it really so much to ask that I get an hour of your time when I'm in the area? Of for an hour of yours when your up here? I've never been around so many people than I am now, but I've never felt so alone and so unhappy. I'm honestly wondering if this is where we've finally drifted apart completely past the point of being compatible anymore. The point where friends try to hang out and end up in a long awkward silence because too much has changed. I suppose I should just be happy that I was able to have that kind of connection with another person, because some people never do.

Dear brother's friend,
I don't think of you like that. I hope you know that. It's nothing person, you're just too much of a brother to me.

Dear Grandma,
Now that my sister is pregnant, everyone in the family has seemingly learned to accept me. I hate that the only way you can all truly accept who I am in through the comparison with her, and the fact that I "could be worse." My sister could also be worse, surprising as it may sound. I could also be 'better' in your eyes, so why settle for me just because I'm not knocked up? I hurts. It really does. I'd have rather you insulted my hair, asked me to be normal, and told me I was ruining my life.

Much Love

No comments: